Welcome to Afrikan Afire!

A blog that contains writings by various writers from diverse backgrounds. Some write simply others challenge your vocabulary's very limitations, even others in languages you may not understand - we will hopefully translate soon...

Explore the words here and hopefully you may send us something for posting on this forum.

Digest . . .


all posted material retains copyrights of the respective authors, and where not stated copyright is to BF Media

©2010 BFMedia

Saturday, November 14, 2009

My Distant Sister ~ Xolile Sizephe ~

Ten crippled someone was dialled but no phone rang. No one came charging in while the lights were out in her room… damn

The vibrations of her silent phone call shook my subconscious and lead me to that the unseen crime scene where the white outlines of childhood died. I Took a look at cadaver and what I saw was tell signs of struggle: wet lines that ran from eye to jaw, I singled out helplessness as the cause, next I came across puddles of tears drops, evidence of broken hearts and dejected dreams, so I followed these forlorn streams to blue coloured arms hidden under the long sleeves’ of cover ups, lies and social awkwardness to elude the questions and fuss.

The pieces were falling into place this child’s damp and aged face and eyes look like they have stared the devil in the face… maybe they have because she closes her eyes but doesn’t fall asleep. in fear of falling further when he creeps into dreams that aren’t mothered by imagination. Her nightmares trickle into reality. She is incomplete as her soul is filled with holes but I can’t get a ballistic match, I can’t dust the fingerprints on her thighs, I can’t calm her and tell her it will be okay when she cries. Father give her strength to make that call and forgive us all for simply listening and not acting. I can’t continue my investigation I can’t get her testimony cause the emotions of hate she feels fall out the jurisdiction of my page! But I can hold her hand lovingly in prayers and hug her tight never wanting to let go of my distant sister in my hopes will she heal only tomorrow knows.

Case closed

BrokeNscribE


© 2009 X Sizephe

No comments:

Post a Comment